The government is to decide in SEPTEMBER whether it will intervene in Brent. It is absolutely vital you ALL write to Jeremy Hunt (at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport) and demand an enquiry. This could save our library, but it needs hundreds of letters and emails to be sent as soon as possible – they said they would make a decision by September, this hasn’t happened, so we still have time.
Thousands are affected by the closure of Preston Library, thousands of letters must land on Jeremy’s desk.
It takes 2 minutes to write a short email. Do it now. Get your neighbours and kids to sign it.
What can you do?
1. Write a short email by clicking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tell the Secretary of State why you will not be able to use another library if we lose ours – they may be too far, you may have small children who cannot go on their own, you can’t afford the bus fares, you have a disability and can’t travel easily. How will the loss of Preston Library affect YOU.
2. Download this: Letter to Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP – Aug 2011
- Add your own comments and sign OR just sign as it is and email to: email@example.com
- Personalised letters are less likely to be dismissed, so please try to add own comments of you can
3. Just send us your name and address and we’ll add you to our petition. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org