PLEASE WRITE IN. Details below….
Committee announces new inquiry INTO LIBRARY CLOSURES
The Culture, Media and Sport Committee [not the DCMS] is today launching a new inquiry into library closures. The Committee is inviting written submissions and requesting views on the following issues:
- what constitutes a comprehensive and efficient library service for the 21st century;
- the extent to which planned library closures are compatible with the requirements of the Libraries & Museums Act 1964 and the Charteris Report;
- the impact library closures have on local communities;
- the effectiveness of the Secretary of State’s powers of intervention
- under the Public Libraries & Museums Act 1964.
A copy of the submission should be sent by e-mail to
email@example.com and have ‘Library closures’ in the subject line.
Submissions should be received by Thursday 12th January 2012.
Guidance on submitting written evidence…